Re: Occult loops

Twayn opened a very interesting subject:

>As a member of an occult fraternal organization, I
>have opportunity to investigate the subtler
>capabilities of sound looping/delay.

I think this is a very serious subject, since we musicians interfere a lot
in our listeners minds and maybe should do it a bit more consciously, with
some more concrete knowledge about our "tools" and "clients".

>Personally, I find that running a static loop for
>astral applications (i.e. guided imagery travel) to
>be not as effective as a more delay oriented
>approach.  The evolving effect that can be achieved
>with a long delay time and long decay seems to be
>more effective for creating a "travelogue."

In other words: If the Feedback is all up, the sound holds you down, the
music has to develop into a story to give freedom to the soul. Is that too
much simplified?

Maybe the music has to follow the travel and its not enough to simply
change, but it takes the sensibility to create the "sound track" for the
others trip?

>On the other hand, the hypnotic effect of a repeating
>sound (or texture) can also be quite effective.

Sorry the silly question: What is the difference between the hypnosis and
the imagery travel? Isnt hypnosis used for traveling and regression, too?
I probably should go through those experiences myself... :-)

I am playing on the roof of a chinese healing center every day (watching
sundown) for the terapies instead of rehearsing alone at home. I want to
learn and record and install the equipment to keep the whole center in the
good working and healing clima all day. People there like the sound and
trust me and will end up paying for the whole project.
So the other day, just when I wanted to leave and fade my 10 seconds nice
harmonic slow continuous wash loop, the tibetanian master (he calls himself
"lama") came arround and said: this is perfect sound so I can take my
massage now (after giving 10 of them, all day long). So I said: What a
pitty I do not have time to play for you. I can leave the loop, but isnt it
horrible to hear the same 10 seconds over and over? He: True, give it some
more variations!
So I multiplied it to 80 seconds, playing some loose melody over it and
left.
The next day I asked him about the feeling during the massage and he said
it was perfect for him to relax. He had heard the same about 50 times and
its base even 400 times, but since he did not listen like a musician, he
did not mind.

So this is probably neither a hypnotic nor a imagery travel situation, but
has a bit of both?
So did my loop?

If we are able to feel whether our public likes our sound, are we aslo able
to feel what these people need in their situation?
Even better than these people can feel and tell?
If do not feel it right, we are not musicians?
If there are several people listening (the terapist and the client for
example), do we attend them unequaly, or mixed, or one after the other, or
do we even synchornize them so they do the same trip together?