Re: Top ten list with quotes

>Top Ten:
>Good Idea...I checked out Mr.Bungle (*!) ..finally upon the
>Nudging of another 10 list.
>It is always nice to know what one regards as their "top ten"
>If they think its that good then mabey I should check it out
>for hoopla (l?) ...
>These are My Favorites ::::

nothing to do with looping so just skip on if you're not interested, but
Mr. Bungle is one of my favorite bands ever. They put out the wonderful
"Mr. Bungle" album years ago, a strange mix of metal, ska, and demented
circus music, with production by John Zorn. Mike Patton was amazing even
then, and of course he went on to become a very famous rock star while the
rest of Mr. Bungle puttered around playing in the local noise improv bands,
probably feeling sorry for themselves since they didn't get to be rich rock
stars too. Then finally Patton gets tired of the rock star thing, wanders
back, and they produce the sublime "Disco Volante" album. Amusing story:

Me: [place bunch of cd's on counter at Amoeba records, including Disco
Volante]

jaded-yet-hip-amoeba-employee:  "you know this is nothing like their last
album."

me:  "that's fine"

jyhae: "You're not going to like it. It's very weird"

me:  "great! I want it then"

jyhae:  "we played it in the store once, and the owner made us take it
        off. He banned it from ever being played at amoeba again. Are you
        sure you want this?"

me:   "wow, now I definitely want it!"

Disco Volante is some kind of strange collision of speed metal, ennio
morricone, and avant-noise rock. And patton's vocals are just great - so
adventurous and creative. It took a few listens to really grasp the album
and start to like it, a bit too much at first I think. But now I really
enjoy it. There's so much in there to discover. I've heard their rare live
appearances are great, but I've never managed to see one since they always
sell out around here. ah well....

>6)Wagner - symphony of the air  *especially the part whose name i dont
>remember
>                               **But is featured in "larry Flint" in the
>scene where Woody is talking

That's "Flynt".  Sadly, we're not related. :-)

kim