RE: nerds, music, cd's, looping, volunteering...

Kim wrote:
>Also, I think that talks like this bring us closer together as a
>community.
>Musical tastes reflect a lot of things about our personalities and lives
>and experiences, and by sharing them we open those parts of ourselves to
>the others in a way that is easy and comfortable. We get to know each
>other
>better and can more easily move from there to richer conversation. I
>learned a lot about some people here that I didn't expect, and I'm happy
>about that! And I was also glad to see a number of people venture out who
>had been shy about posting so far. We're glad to have you, please continue
>to share your thoughts....

Thanks Kim!  And so I will.

>The cd lists maybe are not always about looping, but that's fine. It's
>easy
>to move from there back to the loop. But actually, it is about looping if
>you step back a bit and look at the whole of it.

Stepping back...indeed, it is not necessarily the tool that defines the
loop.
 It is all too easy to assign that musically divine function exclusively
to our
various beloved looping instruments.  Those tools are, however, inspiring
and
responsive co-creators with which we bring our internal loops to fruition.
 And
using them teaches us to more perceptively recognize the loop in *all*
that we
hear (both within and without), regardless of source.

>Our collective listening
>habits reflect a remarkable amount of diversity here, in our looping
>community. Looping is not stuck in one genre, it crosses a lot of
>boundaries. These differences among us are opportunities to grow. We can
>learn from others what we never would have realized on our own, and bring
>those new ideas back to our own part of the universe.

That's an understatement!  This exchange has been fascinating.  Thanks
everybody...

laurie