Top Ten again

 My recent listens (in no order)

1. David Torn -What Means Solid, Traveller?
2. Bach- The Art of the Fugue
3. Yes- Keys To Ascention 2 (the new studio tracks have some great playing
on them)
4. Deep Purple - Purpendicular
5. Trey Gunn - The Third Star
6. Genesis - Seconds Out
7. King Crimson - Epitaph
8. Robert Fripp - That Which Passes  (this scared the hell out of me when I
first heard it..)
9. Haydn- Trumpet Concerto in Eb
10. Adrian Belew- Guitar as an Orchestra

and an extra 11. Yes- Relayer (after opening for Patrick Moraz 2 weeks ago,
he asked if we would play with him on his last song, an improv on a Gm
chord..wow, a dream come true...)

I've been forcing myself to record 1/2 hour improvs at home, all live, no
overdubs- after the first few hours or so, I really have to strain to come
up with ideas, I can't rely on tricks or patterns. I go out for a walk,
look
at the scenery, and try to think of new ways to approach things, like
asking
myself
How do clouds sound?
Bushes?
What does green and orange sound like?
I come up with at least an hour of new, fresh things this way, usually
nothing like what I came up with before.
Dave Eichenberger

'Future Perfect' - progressive art music - visit our website at:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/8082