Re: Re[2]: The 2nd CD project.

>My estimates were based on a cost of $1200 for 500 CDs.  With 12
>submitters
>the cost per person is $100...which seemed reasonable and do-able to me.
>That being said, we could cut a few corners, lower the cost and the need
>for 12 submitters, and hopefully keep the cost around $100 each.  For
>instance, we could go with a 2 panel booklet instead of 4, b&w instead of
>color, etc.

If the average length of a CD is 72min (I know it's longer but bear with
me), this works out at $100 for 6 min (or 28c/sec!)...   I think no track
should exceed 10 minutes, just to stop one player dominating the CD.

>I'm sure we would all like to hear what everyone is up to BUT I think some
>of us would also like to have a project pay for itself (marketable slick
>product).

How about a "flagship" CD plus a "everyone together", not-as-slick double
TAPE (ie much cheaper) with everyone?  If everybody knew what everyone else
was doing, people would be more willing to form "cliques" of music which
would sit well together and do it themselves.  Hey!  Tape tree!

Michael