Re: Loop Length

From: Mark Kata <Mark@asisoftware.com> asked:
>This may sound like a silly question since the trend is toward longer
looping times, but what is your favorite length of loop?

I vary between 3-7.6 seconds as my usual base, since that's the comfort
zone
my Digitech unit has (a limit of 7.6 seconds, obviously).  I can also
utilize delays in my QuadraVerb+ to give a spatial illusion of sorts, and
give the impression of varying loop length.  In cases where I've had a yen
for longer times, I capture it into a .WAV file and multi-track it with
CoolEdit Pro, using either the Loop Duplicate and/or live input, then
putting tracks on top of that.

Lately I've been working on a series of pieces that are on average 3-5
minutes in length, that are useable in a variety of textures.... One of
them
is on my *new* tape [nudge, nudge, wink, wink], and entitled "Happy Pants".
Other samples from the work may be found at my Studios page, URL'ed below.

Stephen Goodman           * http://www.earthlight.net/Studios
EarthLight Productions     * Get the Loop Of The Week Free!