Re: Echoplex price

I've been checking around - I emailed oberheim & the list price for one
with
4meg is $869 + shipping/tax/whatever. So I'd say the store is either gold-
plating them first or gold-digging the customers.
Still, that leaves you plenty of room to haggle, or to try somewhere that
sells below list.
Alex

<< Hi all.  Im back after a long hiatus having moved from Philly to
Seattle.
 Im itchin' for an Echoplex.  However, a dude at a music store looked up
 the price and said they were like $1200!!!  Did the price double in the
 last
 year or something?  They used to be $550 or so.  Is the music store guy
 just ill informed or has Oberheim actually priced me out of the market?

 If they are that expensive then maybe i should look for a used Djamn Man.
 Anyone...

 Clark Battle
 BattleAxe! ~ sound tools