Re: FC200, PC1600x (was re: PMC-10)

>Hi Dave:
>
>Thanks for you Peavy post.  On a more detailed level, have you tried
>controlling the Jamman or Vortex or Echoplex with the PC1600 thingy?
>
>Best,
>The LoOpDoctOrs

Well, not really. I didn't have the Echoplex long enough to really get too
deeply into the MIDI implementation, and since the Vortex doesn't have
MIDI, there's really nothing you could control from the Peavey. I have
considered writing a Jamman control patch, using the buttons on the Peavey
to send patch changes, but haven't as yet.

One thing I have found is that using a MIDI to CV converter (my Doepfer
modular includes one), you can plug the CV output into the pedal input on
the Vortex, and control morphs via MIDI. I'm wondering if you could use
gate voltages into the tap pedal input to MIDI sync the vortex.
Unfortunately, all my gear is packed away right now because of my impending
move, and it may be a week or 2 before I can set it all up again. I'm
starting to feel withdrawal already.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra