Looping near London/New Year listening

     A brief plug for my gig next Friday, 16th Jan, when I'll be playing
at
     the Croydon ClockTower's Balcony Bar between 7&8 pm, prior to the
     evening's main performance by the very wonderful Eduardo Niebla
guitar
     duo - further details from <http://subnet.virtual-pc.com/~or387751

     Also, a recommendation for a relatively new album out on ECM
(possibly
     Europe only so far), Nils Petter Molv¾r's "Khmer", which the label
     describes as featuring:

       "Massive beats and throbbing grooves [which] underpin the
       Norwegian trumpeter's fiery solos in a project that forms a
       bridge between ECM's improvised soundscapes and the brave new
       world of trip-hop, drum'n'bass, ambient/illbient, techno,
       industrial, electronica and samples."

     I'm not sure if I'd've bought it if I'd read that first(!) - its a
     factual description in many respects (most of those elements are
     present in varying levels of prominence) - but reads like a slightly
     desperate attempt to force together "everything that's new". The
music
     itself touches on areas similar in parts to Jon Hassell, Mark Isham
     and possibly Ben Neill (3 other trumpet players - aren't I
     imaginative), and I really rather like it. Not a unique stylistic
     break-through or anything, but worth investigating.

     Also: I finally got hold of the [`Guitar artistry of...'] Bill
Frisell
     video, which is fine, although apparently a painful experience for
     Bill himself; and in Tower's New Year Sale, I found a David Tronzo
     Trio live-in-Japan-for-German-radio (or something like that) CD,
which
     has hints of looping, and is a cracking good listen too.

     Thats enough for now

     David