Re: Re: Echoplex functions ?

At 01:48 PM 1/19/98 EST, Takadimi wrote:
>Hey thanks for that info...I can't believe you can only play one loop at a
>time-bummer. I'm a drummer/perc. and need to play multiple loops
>simultaneously, so, I guess I'll continue my search for a Jam Man.
>
>                                                               Gratefully,
>
>Todd

JamMan doesn't do that either, and it's multi-loop functions are somewhat
more limited than the echoplex's. The only looper I know of that can sort
of
do polyphonic/multi-track loops is the Akai Remix16. With that one though,
you can't play and record at the same time, and there isn't even any
overdubbing. So you have to record all the loops first, and then play them
back simultaneously. There is no single device that really does what you
want. The echoplex is designed so that you can synchronize multiple units
together in various ways, so that one can be used for each track in a
multi-track loop. A lot of people do that for the multi-track effect. I
think you might be able to do this with multiple JamMan's as well, but it
isn't specifically designed for it so it's not so elegant to use.

kim
Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
Mpact Systems Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research              http://www.chromatic.com