David Torn loop CDs

okay, talking about DoorX and Torn's other CDs - maybe not everyone on the
list is aware of Torn's awesome loop CDs 'Tonal Textures' and 'Pandora's
Toolbox'.

The Tonal Textures cover says:

>Unusual sonic landscapes and unique
>atmospheres for use as musical
>backgrounds in multi-media,
>film scoring, composition,
>and music production.

About Pandora's Toolbox, Torn wrote,

>'pandora' is a bit different:
>much more material than t.t.,
>so it had to be set-up a little more
>efficiently for sampling-peoples.

The problem with these 2 CDs is that they're not regular audio CDs
(although they can be played on regular CD players) but supposed to be
sample CDs - they are available from Q-Up Arts (check their website) for a
*very* high price which kept me from buying Pandora's Toolbox, but I spent
the money for Tonal Textures because Torn played it before his 'Slipping
over God' solo concert and I immediately fell in love with it. Very
beautiful, you'll sure like it if you are into, say, Enoesque atmospheres.
Definitely recommended stuff.

Michael Peters
        http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters
HOP - Fractals in Motion ..."the only screen saver you'll ever want"
        http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters/hop.htm