Re: looping over the Internet - one day hopefully !

At 07:28 AM 1/24/98 -0500, you wrote:
>on the definitive take,if everyone recorded the loop from start to finish
then
>made a cd of all the different takes they would all sound the
>same,would'nt
>they?It would only be different at the time it was listened to and jammed
>with....oh well too early,i need more java(coffee that is)jeff

Hmmm.  Let's consider 2 musicians, A and B.  They are playing over a 10
second loop.  We'll call musician A's first loop A1. second A2 etc.  Now if
both musicians are playing over the same 10-sec toop (or drum pattern or
whatever), the structure would go something like this:

A plays A1
        ten seconds later
B starts playing B1 in sync over A's A1
A is simultaneously playing A2 over A1
        ten seconds later
A is now playing A3 over A1+A2+B1.
B is playing B2 over A1+A2

etc.

This could be extended to C, D etc.  Everyone would hear a different
version; A would hear

                A1 A2 A3+B1 A4+B2 etc
B gets
                A1+B1 A2+B2 etc