Re: Re: funky vintage boxes..

gregor wrote:

> i've been wondering about Parker fly's (flies?) for a while... i have a
bunch
> o vintage guitars, but also have a Steinberger i use when precision is an
> issue..but the lack of a headstock buggs me too much to use it live,
hence
> the Parker interest.

I like the overall feel and playability of Parker's Fly.  However, I found
the piezo pickups made the entire instrument extremely microphonic and
sensitive to handling noise, esp. the noise my admittedly ham-fisted
handling of the vibrato arm generates.  Also, the piezos tended to squeal
at modest volumes.  Apart from that: it's very lightweight, has a nicely
resonant tone (with the piezos blended into the mag pickups), and stays in
tune like crazy.  In that respect it's comparable to the Carvin Holdsworth
(which would make a strong man cry, it's so sweet).

Scott Bullerwell
Boulder, Colorado, USA
tanelorn@dimensional.com