RE: Re: funky vintage boxes..

I use 6-string basses with a piezo film pickup under each bridge. This
is precisely to GET body resonances/squeals, etc. In addition to the
already mentioned body resonance, you can play the body like a drum or
play the strings behind the bridge or behind the nut (particularly
effective when used with fuzz). This can lead to some really incredible
industrial sounding loops or other mayhem.

So . . . piezos are recommended.

steuart