Re: new Markus Reuter CD

---
>If you enjoy listening to ambient music in the tradition of Eno, Sylvian,=
>
>or Fripp, you will love Markus Reuter's first solo CD 'Taster'. (Markus i=
>one of the few masters and teachers of the 8-string Warr Guitar. He is al=
>so
>known for his complex compositions and virtuoso playing with the Europa
>String Choir.)
>
>'Taster' contains seven long ambient pieces recorded at a live concert.
>Markus played his Warr Guitar, using a guitar synthesizer and two
>unsynchronized loop delays for a technique he calls 'orchestral
>soundscaping'. =
>

>The result is a collection of utterly fascinating atmospheres -
>crystal-clear minimalism, vast, slow spaces, completely void of new-age
>pathos, but nonetheless extremely evocative and full of this rare thing
>that is so difficult to achieve or describe - magic.
>
>Check out Markus' homepage at
>
>        http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/mpeters/markus.htm
>
>-Michael Peters

I've just received a message from Markus about this, and I'm certainly
looking forward
to hearing it. I had the pleasure of meeting Markus at one of the
"projeKCt one"
concerts at the Jazz Cafe (Camden Town, London) last December, and he was
carrying
his Warr with him then...

Funny you should mention Fripp: Amazing Sounds sent me this:
"On February 19, the live multimedia concert Explorations in Space" will
be held
at the Langford Auditorium at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, USA. The
headliner
for the evening will be Robert Fripp and his Frippertronics."

See you around (in a loop)...

frivolous

frivolous@mailexcite.com                 London, UK
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/3242/
 See the XLChords project - MS Excel does chords?

http://www.mailexcite.com