Re: Re: Re: Different EBows

> once upon a time, steinberger sound (via gibson corp's mgmt & dough)
>funded
> the building of a prototype guitar (by bob wolstein) w/selectably
>polyphonic,
> in-built string drivers (ie, "e-bows").
> (an additional groovic feature that was worked on was the ability to
>sweep
> through the natural harmonic series, w/a knobule.)
> me & henry kaiser (& david lindley, methinks) shared this steinberger
>guitar
> for a while; i had it for about 5 or 6 months.
> it was a little clunky (used an outboard power-thingy & attaching
>cable), but:
> it rocked!, and had enormous potential.....

Was this guitar the realization of your "idea" mentioned in a 1987
Electronic Musician article?  You said you had an idea involving a
hex pickup and a way to get synthesized sounds without the inconveniences
of pitch-to-MIDI tracking, but that you couldn't talk about it at the
time.

Or was your idea more along the lines of what is embodied today in the
Roland VG-8 (a hexaphonic digital signal processor) ?

If you can't respond, that's cool too.  I'm just curious.

Cheers,

Paolo Valladolid