RE: RE:Fernandes guy at NAMM

At 05:56 PM 2/2/98 -0600, Ott, John wrote:

>       What do you sustainer owners think of the pickup
>       sound on sustainer equipped guitars?
>
>         So far reports I have heard say the sound is degraded.

I think they sound like crap for anything other than the sustainer. I see
my
fernandes as a one trick pony, which I mostly only use with lots of
distortion and processing. Come to think of it, I can't even remember
having
it out of the case in the last year.....

They are killer for loop textures, though. You absolutely have to have a
whammy and some real time effects and filter control to make it
interesting.
Turns a guitar into more of an oscillator (as in an analog synth), with an
interesting waveform that has lots of possiblities for sonic manipulation.

Lots of overdubs of one note with ever so slight whammy tweaking, for those
completely evil dissonances.... YES!

kim
Kim Flint                       408-752-9284
Mpact Systems Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research              http://www.chromatic.com