Re: backporch of looping (was: forefront)

Hey DT-

Thanks for dragging up some most unpleasant memories, Mr. Tork. But, for
the record, and for those who are relatively new, the Mr. Jon Durant
(that's me) about whom David Torb speaks in his tome no longer works for
Lexicon.

Tom writes:
>Virtually no one that works here (Gibson)has heard of you, or Fripp, or DJ
>Spooky, or any non-mainstream (whatever that means) artist, based on my
>informal poll. That is not to say that we have ignorant, uninformed
>dullards walking around here, merely that their realm of experience lays
>comfortably upon the bed of the familiar names and faces we all know and
>love. What Artist Relations person would walk into a Marketing meeting
with
>a Polytown CD and actually convince the group that this was the future and
>that Slash and Ace and Joe and Jimmy and B.B were passe, or at least only
>part of the picture? It does not happen.

Tom, you really should try it anyway. Really. It produces some of the most
amazing responses you'll ever encounter in your professional life. When I
pointed out that unlike the artists they wanted to use (Van Halen, Clapton.
Really.) Mr. Tom actually *uses* the effects we were asking him to endorse,
they responded, "what difference does that make?"

OK, thanks, my day's been ruined and it's but 8:00. I really thought I was
outta this argument.

Later,
jd