screaming vibrators, and other tricks

T.W. Hartnett wrote:

> The electric shaver or vibrator near the pickups is also a neat sound.
> Vibrators with a variable speed control are good to tune the resultant
> squall.

A friend of mine, Jordan Mamone of Alger Hiss, has a favorite toy for
this sort of thing: an electric lint shaver/remover/thingy.  He pressed
his  finger on the screen and pushes it against the blade, varying the
speed (as well as whittling down his finger callouses a bit).

I myself have used the old vibrator (as suggested by Reeves Gabriels)
for noisemaking, as well as other uses....

Trevor