No Subject

Here goes again:

There has to be a more hands on way to build non rhythmic samples and
static-non-pre - looped preset tones into full blown grooves that are
triggered all live and in real time with perfect synchronization from
scratch.

I know Roland has a Drum set which gives you access to this type of Rhythm
setup. Unfortunately, I'm a pathetic drummer with no patience or desire to
learn how to be a decent real time skin banger.

I'm convinced that there's gotta be a way to make MIDI and groove based
music through clever looping live. It would put a little more of chaos and
real time interaction with the technology into the picture and possibly
add more color and diversity to clubland.

Though Sequencing is cool for a lot of clever musical applications, I'm
trying to approach this from say a traditional musicians perspective or
better yet a jazz musicians perspective but one that shoots squarely at
the dance floor.

I know really good hip-hop DJ's can do something similar to this sorta
thing from turn tables. But DJ's are usually ( not always ) using
preexisting material and just spinning another tale on a tale that has
already been told some time earlier.

Now its not that this format isn't exciting or incapable of inspiration -
God knows the nights Ive left the Dance floor in NYC or Philly shaking
>from what were DJ Earthquakes. I'm just curious as to how the reception
of the audience as well how the experience would be from a performance
based perspective that was kinda worked for and more tangible for an
audience and performer - similar to what DT expressed in an earlier post.

For instance I'm more interested in taking something that generally
provides basic tones accessible by hand or foot with sounds like a kick,
snare, a hi-hat or a tom and looping them layer by layer adding melody on
top of that & then building a piece more and more as ya go along using no
preset beats, no preset loops,... just going for it as either one person
or even as part of an ensemble.

This may be a stupid question which has an answer I've overlooked. Or I
may be asking for a mix of a many different things to form a new
instrument.

It's a burning question. Any thoughts anyone ???

JP