Re: real time groove loops (The Return of)

Kim also wrote:
>Good, groovy rhythms come from your body, not your head. That's the
most important thing I learned from my attempt to learn west african
drumming. The rhythm has to be in your body or you never get it. I find
that
being physically involved in a rhythm has much better results than just
thinking about it. And clicking a mouse just isn't that physical....<

Hey, that's well put! :-)

I'm also someone who learned about West African drumming (a little).
In fact I create loops using talking drum, kalimbas, bells, Tunesian drums,

etc. etc. I usually play drum set live to my percussion loops as well as to

insane analog drum machine (a Jomox - sounds great!) beats from my
bandmate. It sounds like we have similiar approaches, except I don't
(can't)
play guitar!

Anyways, glad to be on a thread I can relate to!
(Sorry, but I don't know Fripp)