Re: Question about the Boomerang

> BTW, the 'Rang sorta does real-time backwards: the backwards notes are,
>in
> essence, delayed by the length of the loop.  It's still a hell of a cool
> trick.
>
> Scott Bullerwell

  There is no real-time backwards device. It's a conceptual
impossiblity. You can't play a passage in reverse until you get to the
end. Even if the passage is very short, you have to wait that amount of
time. And another thing! %^)  If you attempt to use the Boomerang Phrase
Sampler and do two lightning speed presses of the RECORD button in the
reverse playback mode, in an attempt to approximate real-time, you will
be disappointed. Here's what happens. Your two second lick (for example)
will be divided into 20 tenth of a second snippets, each of which is
individually reversed and played back. This sounds very choppy, not at
all like the typical reverse leads created by Jimi Hendrix, George
Harrison, or Adrian Belew.
  The reverse parts of songs we love were recorded in their entirety and
then reversed, most likely by flipping the tape over on an analog
machine. These days there are much easier ways to do this.

Motley