Re: What does a Echo-plex cost?

> So here in the UK we're looking at 750 pounds?!?
>
> Nobody's going to buy that, surely!
>
> Considering the sort of multi-effects box you can get for 300 pounds,
> 750 for a 12 second delay seems a bit steep. (I know it's not just a
> delay, but still....)

I don't know... Not that cost is an indicator of worth, but my main
guitar is worth (now) about $1200, my main amp I bought for $1000, not
to mention the 8000 odds and ends that I use.  If you are getting to use
as a delay, you are, shall we say, not really getting you money's
worth.  There are a wide variety delay pedals out there that I could
aquire for between $30-$300.  Some will sound good.

Just be glad you are not a classical musician.  I was working on a film
shoot with a friend of mine, who was going to the Curtis school of
music, in Philly.  Luis kindly offered to show up to the set with a
$100k bass he had on loan, to use as a prop.

Somebody stepped on it.

Trev