        From:   Michael P. Hughes, Ph.D. [SMTP:pycraft@elec.gla.ac.uk]
        Sent:   Thursday, February 12, 1998 12:02 PM
        To:     Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
        Subject:        Re: What does a Echo-plex cost?

        Tom:
        >Well, umm, yeah actually they buy them a lot. We're still
backordered and
        >dealers are ordering a dozen at a time. I agree it's not a
delay...it's a
        >198 seconds (max) undoable real-time digital multitrack in a
single rack
        >space with foot controls, reverse function that holds upto nine
loops that
        >you can recall at any time. Plus a whole lot more...Considering
you could
        >buy a vintage tube tape Echoplex for between $500-600, I think
it's a
        >tremendous deal.

        It's sad to say, but I really can't see a lot of these shipping
in the UK.
        There hasn't been any innovation in UK guitar (OK, at least not
much) since
        Andy Summers arrived in the early 80s.  People will pay for gear
in Britain
        - just not much that's been invented less than 30 years ago.
You don't
        need an EDP to play Oasis/Blur/etc/etc/etc.....

        os:
        >My point was mainly that in the UK we suffer from the 1 UKP ==
1 dollar
        >problem, which makes things much more expensive. If the EDP
comes out at
        >a properly exchange-rate-converted price (750 dollars == 450
pounds
        >approx) then that would be reasonable (though I'd still like a
bit more
        >than 12s for that money).

        For point of comparrison everyone, the TC G-force goes for $1800
over here,
        ditto the Lex MP1.  And that _is_ "street price", pretty much.

        About the only  fiscal advantage for UK musicians is that
Marshall are
        cheaper..!

        Michael