RE: What does a Echo-plex cost?

Yeah, there's plenty o' crap in any given era of Pop music, and plenty
of great stuff too. (same for what passes as Jazz, or Classical-who are
some of Beethoven's contemporaies?) Sometimes by the same artists within
a few years of different projects; or people who become solo artists
after being in great bands.

I think that the "problem" is that the REALLY big (and they keep getting
bigger-look at  the conglomerates that own record companys now) money
interests have figured a way to coopt as much (youth) culture as
possible, and as fast as possible, and use it for their commerical needs
(yeah it happened in the '60s, but not so quickly). It seems that the
half-life before something gets coopted becomes smaller and smaller.
Such is the way of the world.

If this works for you, that's cool. At this point in my life (being the
old man on this rant so far -42), I opt for other experiences in
addition to Pop (or what I consider Pop) music-like I said there's still
some pretty great stuff out there. Mostly, for me, it's noise rock,
avant jazz, raw blues and classical music-or music that somehow strives
to combine facets of all of these things.

I guess to me that it's looking outside of the usual places-and learning
where to look. It's the excitement of discovery, and the
cross-pollination with other people, when it comes to new
stuff/experience. There are little pockets of interesting stuff
everywhere (even here in LA). To borrow a Frippism (first and last time
for me), "intelligent mobile units." Fight the Power indeed. Maybe it's
a cultural guerilla war that need to be waged?????

Keep your edge.

Sign me: Out of the Loop (cultural),

Younger than my 42 and more edgy than when I was 18.