Re: cost of UK outboard gear`

DAvid K:
>Question:
>Is the UK price of this outboard gear (Lex, TC etc.,) in the same price
>league as the modern synthesizers and computer oriented music
>technology?

Answer:
I couldn't say - I don't have my SoS to hand and haven't bought a synth in
years  :(  I'll try and bring in a copy and post tomorrow.  If it's any
help, the MC303 was about $6-700 'till quite recently (I THINK).

>If so, there may lie the answer - in many ways outboard gear is less
>versatile that synths and computer music technology - and folks are
>going for the bigger bang for money spent.

We could look at guitars - probably the biggest mass-market instrument.
What's the "street price" of a Gibson LP or Fender Strat?  Over here you're
looking at maybe $1800/$1000.  How does that compare?

Michael