RE; advice for bands

> Local/small acts (or large well known acts for that matter) take too dang
long
> to set up and get started: tune before you go on, and start when you're
set up.
> I absolutely hate (and always have) waiting around for a band to start
for no
> good reason. No one, I REPEAT, NO ONE likes to wait.

>When your set is done, tear down and get off the stage.

> If your running sound and someone in the crowd makes a suggestion, at
least
> consider it.
>
> Smokers suck. They do, it's just a fact of life. You have to suck to
enjoy a
> cigarette.

I'll put up with a little smoke if the person smoking the cigarette doesn't
hold the thing in my face when they're not toking. Hey, it's your
cigarette, if you don't want the smoldering hunk of stench in your face
what makes you think I want it in mine?

great points, d, some of the stuff i've forgotten along the way. we need to
respect the audiences a LOT more - i am guilty of being in projects that
wait and wait for the 'crowd to fill in' - but we're just punishing those
who've arrived at the advertized time!! All good points, and hats off to
the bravery it takes to slag smokers - as much as they complain - it's very
simple - they're doing something that transcends their own experience, and
it becomes your experience against your will !! but as a musician i've
learned to deal with it - i take 3000-5000mg vitamin C before a show, maybe
some echinacea, drink lots of water, and hope for the best.