bending necks, or, want to feel my muscle, ladies?

> <<He was getting that effect 15 years ago with a Gibson SG with no
>whammy.
> Just bending the neck... easy with an SG (i had a roommate who was
> constantly popping his SG neck off the guitar that way).
>
> Frisell's Klein has a solid rosewood neck, not the Steinberger
>composite. It
> is possible to bend the neck, but I certainly would hesitate to do that
> mine!

I strongly advise that you avoid doing that with a PRS bolt-on.  I had
mine about two months before a tore the neck out of its joint, reducing
me to tears practically (having just spent a fortune that I only barely
had on it) but forever impressing the hell out of my friends.

They never let me borrow one of their guitars again.

Trev

PS:  I have to say- the folks at the PRS factory were super-cool about
the whole thing.  Much cooler than 95% of the dickheads in the store I
bought it from.  My salesperson and his friedn stood around, looking at
the guitar and shaking their heads.  Finally, one of the guys in the
shop took pity on me and called PRS.

They made me a new guitar about twice as nice as the one I had before
fairly quickly.  Finally, after two or three thousend pickup/wiring
schemes later, I sold it.  It was the most comfortable and well designed
guitar I ever had, but gave me the tone of an LA studio musician.
Wonder what one would sound like with those P-94 pickups in it....