Re: looping and "normal music"

Yo Pat,

Come round to my place and I'll hook you up to a 12-lead EKG... You can see
for yourself just how much a heartbeat resembles a loop.  It is a little
ostinato comprised of five segments that repeat over and over and over, yet
are dynamic.  It even mirrors your emotional state--it builds up when
you're excited, slows down when you're at peace, changes shape when you're
sick.

And yeah, there is a finite number of beats.  Every story--be it a life, or
a loop--has a beginning and an ending.

If I could make loops like that, I'd be God.  A heartbeat, indeed, is a
loop.   :-)

Scott