Re: boomerang phrase sampler

Chuck Zwicky wrote:

> The boomerang makes a loud popping sound whenever you engage the
> layer/overdub function.

  I'm making this comment because of the absolute quality of the above
statement. It sounds like Chuck is saying "All Rangs make a pop
everytime you add a layer". I think a fairer statement is "When
connected in certain ways the Rang sometimes makes a pop when adding a
layer".
  The bass player in my band uses a 'Rang on about 80% of our tunes with
stacking (overdub) on many tunes. There are no noticeable artifacts. I
use my Rang in the effects loop of my tube amp and have no problems with
clicks or pops. We've sold about 1200 Rangs and very, very occasionally
hear this comment.
  The worst scenario seems to be instrument->Rang->amp with the treble
control set high and the Rang gain structure not optimized.
  The best situation appears to be with the Rang in an effects loop or
AUX send with settings optimized.
  I performed a solo set at a local club last summer, just me, my
guitar, amp, and a Rang. The most complex loop had 4 layers while I
played a fifth part. There were no pops or clicks of any kind.

Mike Nelson

Boomerang Musical Products
PO Box 541595
Dallas, TX 75354-1595

Tel       800-530-4699 (outside USA, 214-340-6913)
Fax       214-343-1038
email     mnelson@dmans.com
web page  http://www.boomerangmusic.com