Re: ring modulators

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:46:13 -0800 improv@peak.org (Dave Trenkel) writes:
>>hello,
>>
>>i was wondering if any of you know where i can obtain a ring
>modulator.
>>(preferably a stomp box version.)  i know that paia have kits, but
>>unfortunately i am not mechanically inclined.  hope that some of you
>can help.
>>
>>thank you,
>>
>>michael
>
>The DOD Gonkulator is kind of a limited stomp box ring mod, with a
>preset 500hz modulating signal, and is a nice sounding transistor
fuzzbox as
>well. I've heard that they're discontinued, but I see them in stores all
the
>time still, for about $80. I have one and use it a lot, though it
doesn't
>quite match what the ring mod in my modular can do.

The only problem with this box is that the modulating signal is off and
reeming whenever the pedal is engaged.  I agree it's a nice ring
modulator,
but the noise factor killed it for me.  I've got a nice version made with
the pitch change in my VG-8 now.

In a rack box (besides the Q2 and Vortex) I think the new Oberheim and
Korg and TC Electronics units have ring mod.  The only other pedal I can
think of is the new Digitech Space Station.

Regards,
Robert
dERiSiOn

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]