Re: Who is Robin Williamson?

At 02:21 PM 3/8/98, you (Michael Pycraft-Hughes) wrote:

>> sure you don't mean Robin Williamson???;-)
>
>I'm pretty sure... who's Robin Williamson?

        Robin Williamson is a Scot (from Glasgow, I believe) who in the 60s
was part of the Incredible String Band.  He has done a great many
recordings
since then of traditional harp music, using the wire strung harp, the nylon
harp and he's also one of the only people I've heard who uses "buzzers" one
his strings on some tunes.  (Buzzers are a very old way of getting a sort
of
sitar-like twang/buzz from your wire strung hard.).  He did a great album
(not available on CD as far as I know) where he played all the instruments
(he plays over 35) called Music For The Mabinogion.  (A collection of Welsh
Tales, originally from the oral bardic tradition, written down in the
1400s).  Its great stuff if you can find it.

Frank Gerace
Dreamchild