VORTEX

Hi Loopers,
        I ran into a Vortex at a local music store (ouch)for only $150.The
problem
is that it is noisy and the led's flicker a little when you turn the
register knobs.I've used Vortexs before and I know they are not this
noisy.Does anyone have any ideas if it would be worthwhile to try and fix
it or have it repaired?The footswitches were not included.Any info would be
appreciated.
        Thanks,
                LooseBruce
The noise is like transistor amp noise (shshsh) and you can hear the
chorusing for example.