Re[2]: Setup Time for Loop Rig

> I was wondering how long it takes everyone to set up at a gig with their
>looping rig- anyone have any time/space saving advice???

Travis Hartnett wrote:
Unloading time: ten minutes (car to stage, use a dolly)
Setup time: ten minutes.

I've found it useful to:....Snipped list of great stuff.

I've found all of Travis' suggestions to be useful These are habits I've
acquired over the years for speed, efficiency and protection of my gear.

I would add that it is a great idea to keep yer grubby little hands
completely
OUT OF THE REAR OF YOUR RACK if you would like to avoid that pesky single
unplugged line of varying importance which will SCREW UP YOUR GIG AND
TORMENT
YOU!

A patch bay is my single greatest setup friend in my rig. I have a stereo
TRS
bay (Furman PB40S) which allows me to send those continuous control peds
and
channel insert cables thru as well, on their way to Vortex, JamMan etc.
TRS is
also handy for getting more throughput in a limited space.

Be sure it's well organized and possibly even LABELLED! (Mine was
labelled, but
now isn't due to many re-orgs). I wish I had midi through as well as AC so
could even leave the cover on the rear of the rack. There might be
temperature
problems if I did that though.

The bay will then allow you access to all your nifty studio / recording
toys as
well and you'll never again be swearing because you have to climb behind
your
rack to repatch something or reorder fx or get something lifted to your
aux buss
etc.

Good luck with all those hateful cables.
-miko