RE: VORTEX & MPX 100

        LooseBruce said:"I ran into a Vortex at a local music store
(ouch)for only $150.The problem is that it is noisy and the led's
flicker a little when you turn the register knobs.I've used Vortexs
before and I know they are not this noisy.Does anyone have any ideas if
it would be worthwhile to try and fix it or have it repaired?The
footswitches were not included.Any info would be appreciated.

> The noise is like transistor amp noise (shshsh) and you can hear the
> chorusing for example."

Followed up by a troubled and worried Thomas with:"Hi , this had me
thinking. Can you hear the noise modulating with the phaser/chorus?
> Does the unit emit high cracles when you turn the input knob?
> Mine does all of these things , but  I tought it was just the way it
> came from the factory??"

to which LooseBruce responded with:"Yes and no.Yes, you can hear the
noise modulating with the chorus.However
> you can hear this to some degreee on a properly operating vortex.This
> same
> noise is excessive on this unit.No, I don't hear crackling when I
> adjust
> the input knob.That is usually indicative of dust in the control pot."

and then Todd Pafford chimed in with:"I can't tell you what the problem
is, but I can tell you that's not how they come from the factory. :)
Mine is noise free."

Here is my reply:  Todd is correct.  There was no intention of the
machine shipping with such noises from the factory though it is entirely
possible that some machines were shipped with problems.

If Bruce is interested in purchasing the problematic Vortex he can then
have it returned to Lexicon for repair at the flat rate of US$95.00 plus
shipping.

I suggest to Thomas that you contact our distributor in Norway, Siv Ing
Benum & Co., at 22-139-900. and arrange for the repair of his Vortex.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything
that I can do for you.

Best regards,

Greg Hogan
Lexicon Customer Service
Phone +781-280-0372
FAX +781-280-0499

P.S. to those interested in the MPX 100, I am arranging to more
information on the product which I will forward to the list.  We are
expecting to ship in May at a list of US$250.