Re: RealAudio samples from LD

I don't think you need the Headspace authoring tools to get it to loop do
you? I think that's a command in the html and the Beatnik plug-in loops the
sound. So you just put a .wav in there and tell people to use Beatnik to
listen to it. I don't know about groovoids and the rest, but from the user
point of view the plugin works cross platform and is quite peachy IMHO.

also, it seems to me the point of an audio sample page on the Looper site
would be for people to get a quick idea of what other people are doing
while
browsing profiles. For that, streaming audio would be the way to go. If you
want to distribute high quality versions of your music over the internet,
you could just have people get that directly from your site.

kim

At 05:46 PM 3/13/98 -0500, Jeff Duke wrote:
>I think Beatnic could but I don't have a Mac and they ,so far,don't have a
>Windows authoring tool.Damn this incopatibility!Oh well at least they got
>midi
>right.
>
>Chris Chovit wrote:
>
>> Which audio formats can be looped (ie. repeated indefinitely)?  To me,
>this
>> is key, seeing as it is the theme of our site...
>>
>> - chris

>> Chris Chovit
>avec@gomez.jpl.nasa.gov
>>  AVIRIS Experiment Coordinator      pager #: (888) 415-4547

Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com