Re: RealAudio How to Question

I was shown how by some very helpful kind souls.
First record your wav at 32khz not 44.If you have Cool Edit or some other
program
normalize it,noise reduce it ,etc.I have provided some urls I hope.
1.) Create your Real Audio file - for this example it is called YOURSONG.ra

The same file can be used for both streaming and downloading.

2.) Create a text file called YOURSONG.ram,first it's a .txt,then change
the name
to .ram,it will then get a ra icon.

3.) the text file should contain ONLY ONE LINE which points to the physical
location of your Real Audio file. In your case it is probably:

http://your location of the file/YOURSONG.ra,this is the line in you ram
file
called yoursong.ram

4.) Upload the files to your server. I know it obvious, but the first time
you forget...

5.) In your HTML code:

To stream:

<A HREF="http://your location of the file/YOURSONG.ram">THIS IS THE TEXT
THAT IS CLICKED FOR STREAMING</A>

To Download:

<A HREF="http://your location of the ra/YOURSONG.ra">THIS IS THE TEXT
THAT IS CLICKED FOR DOWNLOADING</A>

All of this in more technical terms is located at:

http://www.real.com/create/ccguide/config.html

you can get the free Real Audio encoder at
http://www.real.com/encoder/index.html

mp3's sound a lot better but they are many times bigger than ra's,if you
do the
proper pre processing
using somthing like cool edit ra's can sound passable.The main thing is
record  or
convert you song to 32
khz,not 44 otherwise audio artifacts can occur.If you have any further
questions,don't hesitate to ask.
Jeff Duke sr.,TecBabLabs ;http://members.tripod.com/~dukesr/index.html