CD-R Blanks

I don't understand what all the fuss is regarding CD blanks used for
data versus used for audio.  At the CompUSA I go to I buy a pack of
5 Verbatim, TDK or Maxell for around $21 or so and they work fine.

No special procedures are needed to make the CD recorder understand
that I'm recording audio or data to them - either works fine.

The discs play in any CD player I care to try them in and it's a nice
way to create a limited run of discs for a given project (the most
current would be the Crash - Gods of Outstate Radio project - I'll
probably do 20 or so before I'm done with that run).

CD-R discs make a great way of backing up a hard disc, as well.

-Todd.