Re: DX

>> A DX-7 doesn't already have enough sounds of its own to complain about?
>>
>> Ken R

>yep. it's the DX-7 itself, not the Lazy Non-Programmers who spoiled that
>fine instrument's image for us.....

Er..um..that was a joke.  I was in enough rock bands in the 80's that had
at
least one DX-7 and at least one Lazy Non-Programmer for each, and all of
those
bands rightfully went nowhere.  For me, it's one of those cases where the
worst cliches of a certain instrument become so closely associated with an
era
that when tides shift and they start to sound dated the criticism of the
instrument can get pretty cruel.

So, for those sensitive DX-7 owners out there, no, there's nothing
inherently
wrong with the instrument...

Ken R