Re: What I'd love from a next-generation looper

>(talk about volume control and time stretching....)

I'd really like MODULATION. Square wave, triangle wave and sine wave,
Possibly a
random number generator for unpredictable movements of these various
waves. Also
cc controlable coarse and fine tuning for them of up to at least an
octave...
Hell, let's have two octaves while we're making a wishlist.

Envelope control assignable to various values in the algorythm so I won't
have
to step on so many peds at once. Lexicon does this a lot with their units.

Also a fully implemented Pitch Transposer would be a nice feature as well.
With
a feedback loop (cc controlable) around it (possibly with moveable
beggining and
end locations for just those portions of the algorythm we'd like to
experiment
with) for those cartwheeling cascading monstrosities we all need so badly.

I'll take that time stretching with a helping of cc control over
faster/slower
values. (Are we in the megabucks yet?) Is this all starting to sound like
a TC
2290 / EDP combo?

Editable fx order for more variety. Storable configs. (Is this too much of
multi fx box yet?... If so remove the Pitch Transposer, but keep the
modulation.)

If not true stereo dual algorythm paths, how about faux stereo at the
output
with a few selectable parameters. That way I don't have to buy a Vortex or
whatever to dedicate it to making the output cruise around the stereo
image.
Even just simple panning would be helpful.

Heading into BobLexLand...

Bob Sellon's JamMan / MuttMax mods are very interesting. Bob has added
several
new mods to the JamMan... Recordable "Channels" which play simultaneously
with
their own volume and pan parameters as well as editable number of repeat
values
to infinity. (This allows for a main recirculating loop bed, with the
ability to
trigger defined repetitions of other motifs for plot / loop development.)
CC
control over the panning of these various channels to get things moving
around.
(Am I correct in this cc matter, Bob?)

He then goes on to the next loop and adds the *same capability* for yet
another
layered, complex compositionally rich event.

With hardware capability for vast extended memory this could be
implemented in a
truly deep fashion. As it is with the JamMan, the 32 seconds divides down
rather
quickly. Please, Lexicon... let us have more expandability for memory.

I've yet to try this mod, but am eagerly hoping to become a pawn in Bob's
world
loop takeover plan.

All the best,
-Miko