Re: Michael asks about looping technique...(long post)

Kim Flint on evolving loops using feedback:
>Interestingly, this sort of effect is not readily available in the typical
>sampler, and it would be a bitch to manage in a sequencer. Consequently, I
>almost never hear people who primarily rely on sequencers and samplers
>using this evolutionary approach to loops. They tend to have more abrupt
>changes with their loops, where something immediately disappears and is
>replaced by something else.

Unless you're reprogramming something like a 606/707/808/909 drum box in
realtime. Adding or removing triggers, moving accents, fading in and out
certain sounds give a certain evolutionary quality to sequenced music.

Also can be done with the SCI Studio 440 sequencer/sampler/drum machine
where you can choose what sequence is played next, punch in and out of
record at any time, have tempo slides (great feature), edit samples while
the sequencer is running, mute tracks, yadda yadda yadda...

Who composes like this? Well, erm, me, and, erm...

Constantly evolving,
ynohtnA.
--
Anthony Bowyer-Lowe <= The Essence Of Anthony.
http://www.amudarya.demon.co.uk/ (Updated: 01/98)