Re: Phenomenon

93

---Woehni <hovard@online.no> wrote:

>   Hi ,
>
> I have noticed a strange phenomenon that
occurs after I have showed my
> Jamman/Vortex setup to fellow guitarists:
They all LOVE it!!  They go: "WOW! COOL
> WHERE D`YA GET THAT?".  But the  strange thing
is: none of them ever makes any attempt to
locate a looping device or check out the
technology behind it.  Its like they see me
> looping - think it`s cool- and classify me as
an "experimental guitarist" - forget about the
> whole thing - and goes back to practicing
double-stops and hammer-ons.

Well, it's been my experience that there are
musicians who are gear-heads, and there are
those who don't even change their strings!  In
other words, some people just don't care about
the gear. Looping tends to be a "gear" thing.
"Effects" (and yes, right now most musicians
would consider looping to be an "effect") are
simply not considered necessary musical
techniques, like learning how to play in time
and in key (tune, whatever).

And does being an "experimental guitarist" mean
that you also don't practice your double-stops
and hammer-ons? :-)

93

Rev. Doubt-Goat