Re: Ambient loops?

Sorry, What I spose I meant was,,,,,er.......ah.......plop.

Really, what I was after was not neccesarily guitar exclusive, but more
along the lines of the more ethereal sounds of ambient, as opposed to the
more well-defined and structured (at least to me)  types of sounds that a
guitar usually makes. I've played with both, but prefer the more abstract
uses of the guitar....I rarely actually "play" one.....I've used it as a
microphone, diddled with various nooks and crannies on it to get those
clicky-bendy noises that people HATE to hear out of an expensive guitar
(mine's shite) and such........placing a remote control against the pickups
and pressing buttons makes for some odd sounds as well.....

>I'm puzzled at that one just a little.  Guitar-based work isn't either
>ambient or otherwise just because it's guitar-based... Do you mean in
>terms
>of it 'sounding' like guitar being a non-ambient element?  I know there
>are
>probably a number of keyboard/dj-based loopers who might be just as
>ambivalent on this level.  And I certainly think of my work as ambient in
>nature and inspiration, at least. :)
>
>Though, while I've used plenty of Found Objects in my looping, I've not
>used
>actual meat.  Though I'm told nothing makes a "fist-fight" sound effect
>like
>a fist into a wet steak.  Yeah, I know, I just couldn't resist.
>
>Stephen Goodman  * It's... The Loop Of The Week!
>EarthLight Studios    * http://www.earthlight.net/Studios

DIY electronic music, Zineage, and more:
http://www.txdirect.net/users/zom/