RE: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V98 #138

Jon,
I have had my speaking voice taped for a commercial, and was actively
involved in a simple computer editing process undoubtably more so than the
one in which you spoke, where while I had no expertise, I insisted that two
parts of the commerical which were actually from two different takes did
not sound "harmonious" as it were.  It was a 30-second spot for an import
cd store of ambient/techno Technophilia here in Austin for our U.T. KVRX
radio station.  Anyhow, I found myself listening to the two pieces and
insisting that the second was high & I listened and questioned as my friend
correct the sound.  However, I noticed it was not simple, it took thirty
minutes and even when it was digitally perfect, it did not sound whole to
me.  It seemed a cold sound.  THe upshot of this was Rich went back, added
effects on to my voice and caused it to sound moderately professional on
the school minidisc.  My point is that maybe that which we are being
cheated out of is mediocrity.  Why else would you use it?  Were you
asserting that you loose warmth, that is the only? cheat, do you forsee in
the future that digital will become warmer?  & if so how?
Mjh