Re: Which expression pedals with Digitech PMC-10?

At 12:28 AM 3/28/98 -0500, Ed Drake wrote:
>Fellow loopfolk,
>Sorry for the lack of loop content. I recently found a Digitech PMC-10 new
>still in the box and snatched it up (it was the last one they had). It is
>very deep MIDI foot controller and I want to use expression pedals with it
>but the ones I've tried out with it, I haven't been totally pleased with.
>Have any of you other PMC-10 users found out which expression pedals work
>best with it? I want a pedal that uses the whole range of the foot pedal
>not just a small portion of its'sweep. I have set up the expression pedals
>in the Utilities menu and I've tried both CV and just plain volume pedals
>and they work OK, but I think there gotta be something out there even
>better.

I use the common Roland EV-5 pedal. works great.

>Also on a related note, Digitech says there are no more replacement hand
>held programmers for the PMC-10 left in stock, so all of you who bought
>them by the gross and hoarded them could make a killing on resale;-)
>Digitech does have the schematics for the programmer available for $5.

bummer! the main problem with it for me is the absurdly flimsy cable.
Replace that and it will probably last a long time. The controller is
fairly
simple inside.

>How do you PMC-10 owners use yours in your looping or other setups?

sends program changes to various rack doodads. sends continuous controllers
to rack doodad parameters (one is usually dedicated to volume, depending on
the patch). triggers echoplex loops. sometimes controls echoplex functions
if the usual footpedal is elsewhere. most recent pleasing discovery: I
wanted to feed midi clock from a sequencer to rack devices, but was not
thrilled at prospect of crawling around in the dust behind the rack with a
flashlight looking for the appropriate midi jack. in a moment of
inspiration, I instead plug the midi cable into the conveniently located
midi-in of the pmc. the pmc happily passed clock through to everything in
the rack. I was synchronized in no time.

That's all I do with it now. next interesting thing I'm likely to do is
program it to send commands to my drum machine sequencer, so I can
start/stop/change patterns with my feet.

kim
Kim Flint                      408-752-9284
Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com