Re: Spring peepers in our ponds

At 12:08 PM 3/29/98 -0600, you wrote:
>At 09:12 AM 29-03-98 -0500, you wrote:
>>Did a little hiking and didging (as in Aboriginal wind instrument) down
>in
>>the Ozarks yesterday and at the base of Buford Mountain, the peepers
>were in
>>full swing (or loop)
>
>Peepers?  ÀQue es?

Spring peepers are my generic term(since I slept through Tetrapod
Vertebrates taught by one our area's most eminent herpetologists) for the
teeny little frogs that on a weight/decibel basis make stacked Marshalls
sound like your granddad's crystal radio . . .
a pondful of them that might weigh a half a pound can make a DIN that you
wouldn't believe . . .

>Didging huh?  You listen at all to Yeht Mae, I think the right name? or
>damn I can't remember...  Do you know some didgerdoo music that is either
>ethnic or dance oriented, that you would recommend.  More and more
>musicians seem to be recognizing the importance.  & it sounds like digding
>would be lots of sublime fun in the Ozarks.

never heard of 'em which means nothing--most of the didg stuff I like is
ambient type stuff (Steve Roach, Stephen Kent etc.)--as far as "Ethnic",
alot of the true field recordings of Aboriginal didg and clap sticks are
very repetitive and uninteresting to Western ears--Dr. Didg's stuff is
funky
and upbeat if a litle too s/h/appy for my taste

don't know if any copies are left, but the "Didgeridu Planet" CD that was
put out by the didg newsgroup I belong to is excellent--these (other) guys
can play! let me know privately and I'll see if I can scare one up--or look
at the archives of the newsgroup where there are frequent (occasionally
heated--like another newsgroup I know) artist discussions

Tom Lambrecht  hideo@concentric.net