MIDI problems ???

> >From:        matthew hahn [SMTP:esker@mail.utexas.edu]

> >>And of course the other problem lies between the front and the end. My
old
> >>friend midi. If you actively tried, you would not be able to design a
worse
> >>networking protocol for musicial instrument control than midi. That
alone
> >>has hampered a lot of potential innovation in musical controllers.

i dunno - maybe i'm shooting too low, but midi serves me well - i find my
casio gtr triggers excellent-ly, and my midi mitigator does a plethora of
cool stuff, obidiently, like prog change, note on/off info, chord sends,
start/stops, etc. I get to change programs on my ADA MP1, quadraverb, Kawai
synth and even analog old pedals thru my rockman octopus - all useful,
timesaving stuff for what i do -

where has midi let you down?? with wht kinds of controllers??? I mean, lots
of the  pieces of equipment we all work with are digital, or at least
electronic, the lines blur for me how midi has fallen so far from grace, it
is what it is. Not crusading for midi at all, just wanna know what the
outer limits are for others..??? gimme specifix

andre'