Re: Victor Wooten loops (another testimonial)

At 01:03 AM 3/30/98 -0600, you wrote:
>andre wrote:
>>

>> > I just saw Victor Wooten (bassist with Bela Fleck and Flecktones)
>> > playing solo at a record store in Boulder. He mentioned that he does
>> > loops now.

Caught him at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival two years ago where after
the
main gig, he did a clinic at City Park, which was packed--of course, no
bass
player in his right mind opened his mouth--just watched while the man spun
beautiful threads of pops, plunks and melody out of the air--thought he was
using a pedal looper for that thing, but it didn't make much of an
impression at the time cuz' I like, wasn't into loops, then

(General pandemonium ensues . . . Hissing and cries of "blaspheme",
"heathen", "scoundrel" and  "sh#thead" punctuate the dull roar as a
procession of loopers drag a limp figure wrapped in MIDI cables to a gibbet
. . . )

and you are all right on one thing--one of the kindest people I've ever
experienced in performance--the man was just RADIANT

Tom
Tom Lambrecht  hideo@concentric.net