Re: Price sharing etiquette

At 01:39 PM 4/3/98 -0800, you wrote:
>At 10:13 AM 4/3/98 -0800, Randy Reichenbach wrote:
>
>>Thanks for making that point Peter.  Maybe I've just subscribed
>>to rather helpful newgroups in the past, but this group does seem a bit
>>on the helpful-only-if-I-can-toot-my-own-horn-in-the-process side.
>>
>>Last week I asked a simple question, "What is the going rate for a used
>>JamMan?".  I received not even ONE response.  I would imagine that 80%
>>of you have a good idea.  Was my question too basic and "newbee" for all
>>you pros?
>
>I'd like to think this is a helpful list, that is the point of it. Mostly
>it
>seems that it is, but if there are ways to make it better please suggest
>them!
>
>It's not a particularly huge list (several hundred people), so sometimes
>you
>might post something that doesn't happen to catch anybody right and
>doesn't
>spark up any replies. It happens to me all the time here, and elsewhere as
>well. It doesn't mean people are dissing you (although it's easy to think
>that sometimes).  Just be patient and try again.
>
>kim
>Kim Flint                     408-752-9284
>Mpact System Engineering       kflint@chromatic.com
>Chromatic Research             http://www.chromatic.com

Randy:

if 'tis any consolation, the list ignores MOST of what I post (hmmmm...so
do
the other lists I subscribe to . . . boy, there's a lot of miscreants out
there ;) . . .

I paid about $325 with shipping for mine and another $20 or so to expand
the
memory to 32 seconds--I wouldn't spend more, especially with DOD's rack
mount Dimension looper supposedly due to debut with a street price of $230
or so with 24 clicks of total looping time

and especially now that Echoplexi are due to make a reasonably priced
appearance--I hope alot of these bottom-feeding East Coast "vintage" gear
dealers wind up eating their shorts on Jammies

Tom
Tom Lambrecht  hideo@concentric.net