Re: Hackles have been raised!

About this:

<< Overly analytical types often ruin a lot of experiences for others
because
their
 analysis is always either intrusive, unsolicited and often times in the
case
of
 "the fripp headed - ( easy generalization here ) " a way for those types
 publically show how in tune with something that everybody else is missing

With this, I agree--I sort of figured you didn't mean your statement in
such a
black and white way, but there are a lot of people who do think that way.

The sort of musical "insiderism" (not a real word) which you describe can
be
quite obnoxious. Lord knows there are plenty of people pulling that kind of
one-up crap. Of course, there are also certain times when an amount of
"agreed
terminology" is required--talking about serialism, for example. Still,
using
terms which you know others will not understand in an effort to show off
your
secret occult musical knowledge is really pretty irritating.

As an aside, I notice that lots of people are bringing up Fripp in the